tiistai 3. kesäkuuta 2014

Whoa!

If you hear a screeching sound, it's just me hitting the brakes hard on the migration away from iOS I had been doing in the last few months. I had rather mild expectations about yesterday's WWDC keynote and I thought it would more or less reassure me that getting that Nexus 5 was a good idea.

Well, the reality turned out to be something completely different. While I had expected only Healthbook (the app itself turned out to be called Health) and some minor additions that might not be that relevant to me, I was suddenly watching Craig Federighi nail my iOS frustrations one after another. When they got to developer part and introduced Swift - the new programming language for iOS - I was more or less picking my jaw up from the floor. At least to me Swift came totally out of the blue and it eliminates most of the annoyances with Objective-C. My gut says that this will be a huge change.

So, the probability of me getting an iPhone 6 once it becomes available jumped from around 50% to well beyond 90%. Apple will really have to disappoint with the hardware for me not to want one together with iOS 8.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti